It is mon knowledge that honesty is the best policy.
It is well-known that…
It is self-evident/ conceivable / obvious / apparent that…
It goes without saying that… It is universally acknowledged that…
It is / that
We cannot understand why he was so cruel to his roommates.
The problem is not who will go, but who will stay.
As is shown/ demonstrated/ illustrated/ depicted/ described…in the cartoon/ picture/ graph/ table…,
There are many reasons why I want to study in your university.
It is estimated that tens of billions of pounds is spent on cigarettes every year in our country, which is a huge waste.
When the man is enjoying the cigarette, the smoke bees a monster (怪物) which will devour him.
Whatever the reason, there are still some problems with student use of puters.
Prof. Kang came to our university, giving us a lecture on how to acquire English better.
Only through these measures can we hope to solve the problem.
Scattered around the globe are more than 100 small regions of isolated volcanic activity known to geologists as hot spots.
Some measures should be taken to deal with the problem.
He is said to have acplished a lot of great deeds.
Many people believe that…(It is believed that…)
Do you still remember the boy who cried wolf for several times so no one would trust him?
1. The advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
2. The advantages of A are much greater than those of B.
3. A may be preferable to B, but A suffers from the disadvantages that...
4. It is reasonable to maintain that ...but it would be foolish to claim that...
5. For all the disadvantages, it has its pensating advantages.
6. Like anything else, it has its faults.
7. A and B has several points in mon.
8. A bears some resemblances to B.
9. However, the same is not applicable to B.
10. A and B differ in several ways.
11. Evidently, it has both negative and positive effects.
12. People used to think ..., but things are different now.
13. The same is true of B.
14. Wondering as A is ,it has its drawbacks.
15. It is true that A ... , but the chief faults (obvious defects)are ..